Dan planned ahead and kept the cable modem and router from the vicious claws of the movers, so I can make one last blog post tonight. I was completely caught off guard about how movers work. They told us to just pack our suitcases, sit back and let them do the rest. Well, the problem is, some of our stuff is going to Germany and some of it is going to storage--for 2 years, inaccessible at a warehouse in Connecticut. And you can imagine that some of the stuff that was supposed to go to Germany ended up going to storage, most notably Gianna's stroller which we were going to use at the airport tomorrow! Que sera sera. Gianna's cute Swedish girl hat also disappeared in the chaos of the move. Who knows when or where that will turn up. At least we have each other--and our passports and some clean underwear. Germany, here we come ready or not! And for all the friends that called tonight to wish us well, but I didn't answer, my apologies. I am sick as a dog, tired, and stressed out. But I love you all and will call as soon as we have a phone in Germany.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I also want to mention that during the unsupervised chaos of the day, Gianna ate part of a granola bar wrapper. How do I know? She threw it up on me with a bunch of undigested granola bar and animal crackers. Nice! At least she threw it up and didn't choke on it or get it stuck somewhere. Hopefully that was the only piece she ate.
Post a Comment