Thursday, August 14, 2008

Six months since referral

Six months ago today we got the call saying "its a girl" and saw photos of Mai Thi Nguyen for the first time. Although our agency assured us "most families travel in 4-6 months from time of referral", I was skeptical that we would meet this time frame. And here we are 6 months later with no travel date in site! I hate to tell myself I told you so because it gives me such little satisfaction.

In other news, Dan turned 30 on Monday. I surprised him with a trip to Mama Mexicos in NYC with friends to celebrate. Although it wasn't as authentic as my 30th birthday dinner at PiPi's which was actually in Mexico, there was a mariachi band, margaritas, good food, with a tres leches birthday cake for dessert--yum!





On a recent business trip to Roanoke VA I got to see my cousin Dave, his wife Jullette, and their son Matthew. Matthew is 2 1/2 years old and quite charming. He enjoys eating tomatoes from their garden, getting pushed on the swing, and moving large sticks around the yard.


Jullette has a little bun in the oven, due in November

No comments: