Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Cookies and friends

Today we decorated Christmas cookies in the Biochem department while watching holiday DVD's including Elf, Muppets Christmas Carol, and my personal favorite National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. My friend Caren is modeling the cookie we called "what the cat threw up". She also made a great likeness of a former lab member.


That picture of Caren is hilarious. About the adoption, I talked with our social worker yesterday. They do not expect we will get a referral until next summer, which means we would not travel to Vietnam until next Christmas or early 2009. I guess I'll have to get new M&M's made up, start making vacation plans for 2008, and maybe re-title the blog to "Really Long Journey". We have loosened our requirements substantially, which means we now have absolutely no idea what the gender or age will be. So for all of you prognosticators that "knew" the sex, back to the drawing board. Someone joked they may send us a referral for a 21 year old dishwasher that would like to go to college in the states. You gotta keep a sense of humor in these trying times.

No comments: