Thursday, April 17, 2008

Amazing adoption story

OK, I am about to post photos from our vacation when my friend emails me with some awesome news. They had their dossier in Korea for a 6-12 month old boy. The wait has been very long for them, about the same if not longer than our wait. She was getting very discouraged. About 6 weeks ago, our adoption coordinator contacted her to see if they would be interested in a newborn African American girl from PA. They said yes and went to pick her up the following day. Her name is Claudia and she is gorgeous. Can you imagine, a long wait thinking you are getting a 1 year old boy, with the nursery all set for a 1 year old boy, then they call you to say you can go pick up your newborn daughter TOMORROW? No wonder I had not heard from her in 6 weeks. She felt bad emailing me since we are still waiting for Gianna. But I am so happy for her. She understands the wait and I could feel her pain. It is so nice to see families brought together. Now for those vacation pics...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey guys. just want to let you know that i am thinking of you all often. i check the blog two or three times a day to see if there are any updates. - josh