Saturday, September 20, 2008

Let me off this roller coaster ride, I'm getting sick!

This week was filled with too many ups and downs; I felt bipolar. One minute we're leaving on Tuesday, hooray! Then a few hours later, not so fast, better unpack those bags. Here are the beaurocratic details. A group called PPC (I can't even think of what it stands for anymore) was supposed to give us the authority to schedule our giving and receiving ceremony within 15 days of receiving our file. That 15 days was up on Wed/Thurs and they are stonewalling us. Now our agency doesn't know what to do because they don't have any word from them on whether they will make a decision in a day or two or if they feel like it in a week or two. They explain that Vietnamese laws are more like suggestions (kinda how I regard speed limits and no parking signs here in America). So since we still did not hear anything on Friday, we let the Tues tickets expire. I want to re-book for Friday the 26th no matter what and run the risk of being over there longer than "necessary". At least we will get to see our daughter, buy her food and clothes, play with the kids at the orphanage, and see the city of Hanoi. So this weekend I'm going to finish packing and get the house ready for our house sitters to arrive next week, keeping spirits up that PPC will come through for us and we can leave on Friday with confidence.

And for those that were wondering, Bruno passed his interview at Camp Bow Wow yesterday. We were able to watch him on the web cam all afternoon playing with the other small dogs; he did great. Now if he gets too sassy with Martin while we're gone, he can take him over to Camp Bow Wow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! We're praying for you guys and Ginna. the Felling's