Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Travel meeting and misc weekend news

Our agency has scheduled our travel meeting to go over details of the trip for Sept 12th. I guess they are serious about us actually traveling to pick up Gianna this month. In other adoption news, our aunt Kathy returned home from Ethiopia on Sunday with their newly adopted son and daughter, John and Bethel. Congratulations!

This weekend we saw some old friends from Illinois, attended an authentic Staten Island BBQ at my friend Jodi's house, met Lidia Bastianich, went boogie boarding at the NJ shore, and helped put new shingles on my Dad's roof. Thankfully I have an extra day off from work to recover! Here are the highlight photos:


Lidia and my friend Susan at Becco in NYC...I shook Lidia's hand.

Boogie boarding at Spring Lake, NJ with Kirstie and Dave.

Dan and Dad on the roof. My brother Jim and a bunch of cousins and uncles were also there helping with the roof while my mom and my aunt made applesauce, potato salad, macaroni salad, and a ton of other food. A good old fashioned Mennonite roofing party!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey B :) Thats awesome, I had no idea someone else in your family was adopting internationally! I'm sure you guys will have a lot to share with each other.

always keeping you in my thoughts!

Jenni said...

Well, I'm still optimistic. I totally think there will be a little trick-or-treater terrorizing Bruno this year. Hope the travel meeting goes well next week.