Monday, October 20, 2008

We're in Hanoi safe and sound

After 24 hrs of airports and airplanes, I am sitting in our hotel room in Hanoi! Thirteen hours from Vancouver to Hong Kong was pretty rough, I don't even want to think about our flight back which is direct from Hong Kong to JFK (~18 hrs) with a 2 year old. I snatched a bunch of photos on the way from the airport to our hotel but am having trouble uploading them into my album right now. This afternoon we go to get our visas renewed. At the airport, the person that picked us up asked if we wanted to go see our kids this afternoon. YES! But then we found out if we went today, we could not see them again until Thurs. So we agreed to keep our original play date scheduled for Wed afternoon. They showed us Gianna's visa photos and she looks bad! They have cut her hair way short again :-( Poor kid.

I was able to upload some pics; take a look at the album. More pics will be added throughout the trip, so check back if you're looking for those money shots of Gianna!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you have made it. Good luck, guys!

Alex from ISE

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!! SO glad you made it safe and sound. How's the shoulder? Can't wait to see pics of Gianna!!!! Try to remember all the details of first seeing her and meeting her...I can't wait to hear them!

Barbit said...

Its midnight and I can't sleep. They said tonight that we will be going to the orphanage tomorrow to play with the kids--yay! They said to bring candy. Thankfully I brought along a giant bag of M&M's fun packs. There is a grocery store and a baby store in the mall downstairs, so we have everything we need. The shoulder got banged around a lot during the trip, but I have pills for the pain ;-) Ok , better get some rest.